Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Work

I spent more than 14 hours in the office today yet I still shut down with a smile.

Many say I'm a workaholic and I can't argue with them, but I don't want people feeling sorry for me because I really do enjoy my work. (Okay, I have my share of bad days, but those are pretty rare.)

"Dreams mean work," reads the last line in Paulo Coelho's By The River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept. I remember smiling when I read that line the first time. I can also say that doing good work means dreams can come true.

2011 marks my tenth year with the company. Months after graduating from college, frustrated from ho-hum interviews and not so promising offers, I can still remember sitting in a cafe and writing a random list of things I wanted in a dream job. Considering I am with my first employer, I still can't believe I got everything I asked for... and more.

I am one happy workaholic.

1 comment:

  1. Nikki, I LOVE "By The River Piedra..." - one of my faves! You are definitely fortunate to be where you are in terms of loving your work... even better is your appreciation for it.

    ReplyDelete