Monday, January 3, 2011

Multitasking

It was an off-in-lieu holiday today so it was good to have one post-vacation day off just to catch up on several things. Last night, I had a mental check-list of possible things I could do today: unpack, go to the salon, get a massage, catch up on laundry, clean house, pack up the Christmas decorations, wrap belated Christmas gifts for my colleagues, sort through holiday photos from my camera and iPhone to upload, launch this 365 project, drop off donations for the Salvation Army, deposit a check, go to yoga class, etc.

I woke up past noon (yes, I love to snooze) and decided to multitask. It's nearly 10 p.m. and because I wasn't focused on any one thing, I didn't really get much done except for two loads of laundry, unpacking half of my suitcase, creating three new albums on Facebook, throwing out my dried-up poinsettias and miniature Christmas tree, and going out to buy wrapping paper. As I type this, I have a pile of clean clothes on my bed and several items to wrap... but I'm already sleepy. Argh. Lesson learned: Focus on finishing one thing before starting another.

But at least I got my third word for the third day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment