Thursday, January 27, 2011

Alliteration

Focus. Filter. Forget. The top three tips from a trusty source: the McKinsey Quarterly on recovering from information overload. I started the day with this article and tried to internalize the three words. Yes, I need to focus on what's urgent today (or what was due a week ago) and planning for future key initiatives. I need to filter what is really necessary for me to do and what I can delegate. I need to forget my highly Approval Dependent and Perfectionistic self (sometimes).

As I reflected on this word on my walk home from the office, I realize I have an alliteration in my parallel personal life. I believe peanut butter ice cream is best for pity parties with girlfriends. When times are tough and PMS-ey emotions make us feel pretty pathetic, nothing beats the blues like a pint of Ben & Jerry's. It's a tiny step to turn Blah into Bliss, "Neh" into "Yeah!"... but those are words (or sounds) for another day.

Today's word was brought to you by the letters F and P. (Hee-hee.)

No comments:

Post a Comment