Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Aujourd'hui

Aujourd'hui, j'ai vu l'opera Carmen avec mon amie C. (Today, I watched the opera Carmen with my friend C.) "Aujourd-hui" was also the word that stood out in the famous aria Habanera.
Quand je vous aimerai?
Ma foi, je ne sais pas,
Peut-ĂȘtre jamais, peut-ĂȘtre demain.
Mais pas aujourd'hui, c'est certain
I have always enjoyed going to the theater, whether it's for stage plays or musicals or dance performances or yes, even opera. Carmen -- set in Seville, sung in French with English and Chinese subtitles, put on by the Singapore Lyric Opera with French and Korean singers as the leading lady and man -- is a tragedy but C and I couldn't help but giggle and even laugh out loud at certain parts. It was just too much like real life!

Most of us have heard Habanera and I think it's awesome to finally know what it's all about! Click here for the full lyrics.



If not today... then when?

No comments:

Post a Comment