Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Reassurance

It happens all the time: just when I'm in that 'blah' state or when I'm in the midst of questioning things or when I'm teetering on the brink of seeing things half-empty, I see one. A stray, lonely paperclip catches my eye and I feel like it was waiting for me to glance that way so I could see it... and smile inside. Today, just when I needed it, I saw a silver paperclip as I walked to the MRT.

I used to play a little childish game in my head. If I see a paperclip, then he loves me back. If I see a paperclip, everything will turn out fine. I somehow felt the paperclip was a tangible sign from the Universe; my guardian angel turned into a little piece of steel, a "God-Wink" sent from heaven to reassure me that indeed all things shall be well.

Well... he never loved me back, but every time I come across a random paperclip (and in 9 out of 10 trips to new places, I am bound to see at least one!), I allow myself to regress and live out my childish daydream. Or my childlike prayer. I know it's silly but seeing paperclips is really just reassuring. All shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be well.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment