Thursday, January 6, 2011

Uncluttered

Out of clutter, find simplicity... (Albert Einstein)

I don't mind clutter but it sometimes gets to a point where I can't concentrate anymore. Yesterday I spent a few hours clearing my desk in the office and getting organized.  I'm not a neat freak but it got to the point where I couldn't find stuff as easily as I should be. I filed, shredded, and threw out stuff, and now I can see my desk again! I also set up a Do This Now priority tray for key tasks. The challenge is to keep things as neat and organized for the rest of the year. (Okay, should I be realistic and just aim for the rest of January first?)

Today I spent a few hours cleaning up at home. It's long overdue but the last few months have just been too busy for me. (Now is the perfect time too as my good friend C is coming to visit!) I fully unpacked from my recent trips, packed away my Christmas decorations, scrubbed bathroom tiles, re-organized my bookshelf, folded piles of laundry, and filed away bills and receipts. Not only can I see my desk again but I have space for my yoga mat!

No comments:

Post a Comment