Friday, April 15, 2011

Tears

One of my best friends T just called to tell me that her husband is at his final battle with cancer. It wasn't too long before we were both crying. I wish we didn't have the Pacific Ocean between us so I could be with her right there, right now.

I called up our other best friend J who is yet another ocean away. Another round of tears. And a recollection of our happiest times when we were all together - the last being their beautiful wedding in California last Spring. And more tears. And utmost admiration for a brave and lovely man with rock-solid faith and the biggest heart possible, and an equally amazing woman of such incredible strength and grace at the worst of times.

We may be far away, man, but we are right there with you in spirit... while over in Singapore and Sweden in tears and in prayer. We love you both, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment