Monday, April 11, 2011

Half

Okay, I feel really bad that I haven't kept up with this 365-day project. I just did a quick calculation and if I had kept up with writing once a day, I should have had 101 posts by today. Except this is officially only my 51st entry so I have 50 words to catch up on (gulp) plus each day's word. I'm only halfway done. Can I catch up?

I think my blah-bug from earlier this year has not completely shaken off. It seems that I am seeing more things as half-empty rather than half-full... and this blog is definitely one of them! BUT... it's Monday today and Mondays are meant for starting things... or in my case, to re-start things. I don't want to give up just yet. I will try my darnedest to catch up which means that I need to write at least 3-4 words a day for the next few weeks.

It's daunting and discouraging to think 50 is half of 100. I need to revisit the last few months and write my 50 words. But then again, there are approximately 250,000 words in the English language and 50 is only 2/10,000 of that, not half.

Write, damn it. Write like your life depended on it. Write until you're full to the brim and overflowing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment