Sunday, April 10, 2011

Junk

It's amazing how much junk I've accumulated in less than three years. I spent nine hours today doing my long-overdue Spring Cleaning and ended up with several trash bags of junk to throw out and several more paper bags of junk to donate. It got me thinking: how many bags, shawls, hankies, socks and kikay kits do I really need? And I didn't even have enough time to go through my stationery, accessories and make-up yet. I'll probably end up with another bag of junk, and more realizations of all the junk I've most likely bought on impulse. It's a good thing I live in a small space; otherwise, I would have been tempted to buy even more stuff which would later become junk. Now that I've seen how much stuff I don't need, I've made a mental note of the stuff that I should not be buying more of!

I didn't just throw my junk though. I took the time to get organized with all the stuff that's left. My cabinet and wardrobe are a joy to behold with containers and organizers and separate piles to keep similar things together. I didn't go overboard with color-coding or putting them in alphabetical order (well, I haven't fixed my CDs yet), but I did put labels on boxes and even folded my trash bags! Alas, my older sister would be proud. Hee-hee.

I'm tired but I'm happy - I actually feel a lot lighter! Less junk means more space to move and less stuff to dust. More organized stuff means less time looking for things. The biggest challenge now, of course, is to keep everything in its proper place and to not buy more stuff that I don't need!

No comments:

Post a Comment