Saturday, April 9, 2011

Conversations

You, me, five bucks and good conversation. One of my favorite lines out of many memorable ones from the movie Reality Bites, and a line I was happily able to use for a blog post and article for work.

I started my Saturday with an enjoyable Skype video-chat with my parents, complete with show-and-tell of my dad's chocolate chip cookies and my brother's attempt at making tutu cakes. Then I had a 2.5-hour conversation between my body and my yoga mat, between yin and yang. The anticipated Mass reminded me in a timely way that prayer is an intimate dialogue with my God and Creator. Finally, the much-awaited dessert buffet at The Chocolate Bar atop the Marina Bay Sands was overrated, but the company of my Friday Girls and our witty non-stop conversation made it yet another memorable evening.

Yup, all I need is you, me, five bucks (okay, maybe more!) and good conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment