Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Strangers

"A stranger is just a friend I haven't met yet." (Will Rogers)

Meeting up with fellow Third Culture Kids is definitely a night of strangers-turned-friends. We had a TCK meet-up hosted by the lovely and uber-positive M. It was a small group of seven strangers, friends and my sister, and a pleasant evening of catching up and sharing our stories.

I'm grateful that J, one of my best friends and a fellow TCK, introduced me to the book Third Culture Kids: The Experience of Growing Up Among Worlds when she did. It has helped to shed light on the self and to answer many questions I had growing up.

Hearing similar stories from strangers or friends reminds me that being a TCK is a gift. I celebrate it and keep in mind a line I wrote for www.tckbookproject.com - home is where the heart is grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment