Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Deadline

I had two big items on my to-do list which kept getting pushed back. I set today as my deadliest deadline, not only because it was already really, really needed, but also because it's lunar new year's eve and I didn't want to have to work on them during the holiday. It was an unofficial half-day in the office and I didn't have anything planned except for an 8 p.m. dinner so I had a good solid 6-hour block of time in the afternoon to work in the deserted office. Without emails, meetings and calls, I sat and typed and worked non-stop. It felt so good to have two big check marks on those two must-do's.

We all have deadlines but have you heard about "dreamlines"? Author Tim Ferriss of The 4-Hour Workweek coined the term and even came up with a Dreamline Worksheet to help calculate the time and expenses required to live out one's dreams.

We all have dreamlines. There's no better time to dig them up than on the first day of the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment