Friday, March 11, 2011

Infinity

My dear friends and fellow nerdies B and C got married today in Tagaytay. I was happy they invited me to read at the Mass in addition to hosting the reception. We did a trivia game with multiple choice options: B, C or the infinity symbol.

In spite of everything, I still have faith in the sacrament of marriage. As an active participant with a good vantage point at the side of the altar, I couldn't help but daydream of what my own wedding day will one day be like. A solemn ceremony at Church still marks the start of a marriage: a true union of body, soul and spirit. Call me old fashioned and conservative, but I am still holding off for my one true love who will wait for me at the end of that aisle, who will love me to infinity and beyond (as I will too), and who will spend eternity with me, until death do us part. One day. Some day. All in God's perfect timing.

Congratulations, B and C! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be part of your wedding day in a special way. I look forward to the next time we get to hang out. Here's to your happily-ever-infinity!

No comments:

Post a Comment